Electronic Design Magazine: DIY Electronics Kits Turn Hobbyists Into Engineers

Iain McFadyen mcfadyenusa at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 11:19:44 CST 2012

I won't lie to you guys... back in around 1979 whilst taking my degree, I found myself sitting in front of a 6502 CPU hobbyist kit as part of my introduction to machine code and microprogramming. After a couple of weeks of messing around with the 6502, we moved on to PDP-8 and PDP-11. Never touched any of the three devices again, ever.

Nice to see so many of you at Tippys, and at Winterfest.....

Iain 8P6UK   (Safely home after a turbulent plane ride on Wednesday through stormy weather.)