Lots of mods for HSMM

Tom Azlin N4ZPT tom at n4zpt.org
Sat Mar 24 06:10:46 CDT 2012

HI Alex.

Nice to make your acquaintance. If I can get to a meeting or lunch hope
to talk to you in person. Sometimes I think "Northern Virginia" goes
down to Stafford so you are perhaps in "middle, Northern VA?

Folks in Loudoun were looking at ways to move data (files and photos)
during emergencies by having the deployed hams all set up multiple,
inexpensive modified WiFi boxes to create a mesh. Part of the debate
included alternatives like the Icom ID-1 tcp/ip bridges much higher cost
and range versus putting up a lot more cheap mesh components. Just have
not heard much recently.

73, tom n4zpt