Amazing: the US automobile industry discovers the Diesel engine...

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Thu Apr 26 22:15:38 CDT 2012

On 4/26/2012 21:39 PM, Mike O'Dell wrote:
[...]
> CNG (compressed natural gas) or liquid fuels made from natural gas
> are much better fuel choices, and with the price of natural gas
> plummeting,
> ethanol doesn't stand a chance.

Aah, natural gas.
It reminds me that, during WW2 in Europe (and particularly in France and
Belgium), one modified one's car by adding a "gazogène" which created
gases by incompletely burning wood or coal.

See pictures and formulas:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazog%C3%A8ne

It modified somewhat the original aerodynamic and aesthetic qualities of
the car, but it was cheap, and worked.

73
André N4ICK