Lightning not in a bottle but heard by a chip

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Fri May 4 06:11:59 CDT 2012

Brian, G2KQ, came to visit recently with his excellent reproduction coherer detector set. With a short antenna it will detect a piezo gas igniter firing across a room. I really think he ought to bring it to Dayton this year for all to admire (including US Immigration).

Later on, it started to trigger spuriously for no obvious reason. Shortly after Brian left, the thunderstorm arrived.

Phil M1GWZ