Interesting FPGA board: Papilio One

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Thu May 10 22:50:47 CDT 2012

In case I haven’t mentioned it before, if you are interested in working with the Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGAs, check out the Papilio One boards.  Do a web search for them.  There are two boards, a 500k 3E and a 250k 3E.  Sparkfun has the 500k board for $65.  Both are available from Gadget Factory, along with a bunch of adaptor boards, called wings.  The 250k board costs $49.

They do NOT have a fast host port onboard, so they cannot be used directly with the Charleston receiver.  I’m thinking of hooking a generic Cypress FX2 USB interface to one of these boards to make a less-expensive host interface with the Charleston receiver.  Anyone interested in helping out?

The is part two of the message I could not push through tacos.
Terry, WB4JFI