New Flex 6700 - anyone at Dayton?

Tom Azlin N4ZPT tom at n4zpt.org
Fri May 18 20:03:12 CDT 2012

Hi Terry,

Yea, the simpler single digitizer unit looks more affordable but I guess
they are trying to beat the FT-5000 ( but not 200 watts) with the 6700.
  The dynamic range possibility is really nice. I too was very surprised
about the software. But then if they publish the API and only
display/control is via the PC software then maybe will be 3rd party
software. Maybe the new HRD guys will adapt?

I am likely to just wait for the HPSDR Hermes radio.

I presume the software keeps running and you just do not get support. Or
pay as you go if all are lucky.

73, tom n4zpt