Incandescent Bulbs Free to Good Home

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Fri May 25 14:22:36 CDT 2012

For your mushroom lights, check out suberbrightleds.com.  My walkway lights use bayonet style bulbs (1156?), and I have been using the superbrightleds replacements for a couple of years now, with zero failures.

At the same time, I’ve had failures of other cheap LED replacement bulbs in 120VAC outdoor post lamps.  But, now I’m using new LED fixtures from COSTCO made by Envirolite that have CREE dual LEDs in them.  I’ve had one single LED failure in those fixtures, out of at least six fixtures.

The two large posts use small screw-in base 120VAC bulbs.  After the early failures of cheap LEDs, I went back to incandescents for a while.  About a year ago, I found that WalMart carries LED replacements, and tried a couple of them.  So far, they are still working.

We have a LOT of lightning around here, and ALL the outdoor incandescent type bulbs had failures after storms.  So far, the newer LEDs are much more reliable.  A good thing, considering their higher cost.
73, Terry, WB4JFI