anti-static bench mats

Mike ODELL mo at ccr.org
Mon Jun 11 05:42:55 CDT 2012

equipping new bench and was astonished by the dynamic range
in price of benchtop ESD mats. I understand wanting a dispersive
top (layer) but there are numerous claim of voodoo an magic fairy dust
to justify a 10x range in price. feels a bit like the nosebleed audio world where
where objective impact on performance focuses more on wallet extraction
than signal extraction. (grin)

so what do people use for ESD mat and where did you buy it?

       -mo

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the jammy fingers.