spray on antenna at Dayton HAMVENTION

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 10:27:24 CDT 2012

I concur.

Considering the "thousands of experiments" (read: several) that they have done, the guy does a fantastic job of keeping as much science out of the discussion as possible. "Energy oozes into and out of this antenna like a sponge." Where does the mystical 15-20 dB gain come from? Are wire antennas really that inefficient? (Maybe, but do "millions of capacitors" solve that problem when modelled theoretically?) Conducting paints are not new. Is this silver dag? Powdered protactinium dissolved in snake oil? Does anyone know of a patent application by these people? Why the insistence on capacitive coupling (EKG electrodes are non-conducting at the surface, by the way)?

I also wanted to attend this talk with Frank but couldn't find out when it was scheduled. If the guy giggled less and scienced more, I'd be more readily convinced. But a set of decent scientific experiments with results would have had far more impact than a few humorous anecdotes.

When you finally get hold of the spray, Frank, send me a sample for analysis, will ya?

Phil M1GWZ