Blind Ham Project

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 13:29:28 CDT 2012

All,
At work and do not have a lot of time to type.

If this guy wants, I have a converted commercial radio that might do the trick.
(Midland 70-340B)

Very limited control group.
Volume, Squelch, and Channel selector.

It will hold 80 pre programed channels.

It has one button, to turn off or on the PL decoder.
Good audio in tx and rx.
The ham will need a PSU that can make about 14 amps to have the thing deliver it's full 40 watts.
It's about as simple a vhf radio as anybody is going to find.

Also I am willing to program and donate it to this guy if it will help, so the price is right.
Just need a list of channels he expects to use.

Share a thought.
Mike

Michael F. Chisena
KA2ZEV at Yahoo.com