More Questions about AMRAD

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at dcm-va.com
Sat Jul 7 15:14:10 CDT 2012

Laurie,

In case you did not get a reply AMRAD does have a group build from time-to-time. There is nothing scheduled at the moment however we have been discussing the idea of having a small project that would be an incentive for membership. All ideas are welcome.

High speed mesh networks are a topic gaining interest within the amateur community. These are self organizing networks using easily modified off-the-shelf Wi-Fi equipment. Some of our members are exploring this technology and it could be something that you could help advance. See a description at http://hsmm-mesh.org/just-starting-read-this.html

Our next meeting will actually be a swap meet on Thursday July 12 at the Dolley Madison library. We expect that members will bring some interesting projects but you don't have to bring anything to attend. Hope to see you there.

Regards,
Karl W4KRL w4krl at arrl.net
AMRAD Secretary
www.amrad.org