Curiosity Mars Rover Web Site

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 14:24:21 CDT 2012

A fantastic achievement, and almost as exciting and important as Britain's third-place world ranking in the Olympic medal tables.

The first images are not very exciting as yet (monochrome? They could have at least tinted them orange!) but that shot of the parachute and lander from the orbiter is amazing.

Still, this should finally settle the question of life on Mars. After all, this is the 40th time we have dumped some crap on the planet (16th successful attempt), so either the Martians should soon either be invading us with a spacecraft made of our own junk, or sending us a message - "Please stop dumping your crap on our planet!"

Phil M1GWZ