RIP Neil Armstrong

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 25 18:53:40 CDT 2012

  Yes, sad news. As a NASA employee I watched the Apollo 11 liftoff from
KSC and was elated beyond description at their accomplishment. On the
35th anniversary of that historic flight NASA held a commemorative
celebration in the Nation's Air and Space Museum in Washington. All
three astronauts were there along with numerous dignitaries, including
Walter Cronkite. In turn, each astronaut spoke to the assembled guests
about those days, with films of the voyage from liftoff to recovery
shown on a five story high Imax screen. It brought back many wonderful
memories. A grand party of food and spirits followed, which Debbie and I
thoroughly enjoyed and will fondly remember. RIP Neil.

PS. Happy Birthday, Phil. :-)   Many happy returns.

Richard