Idle Wind Turbines

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 10 00:02:06 CDT 2012

tacoistas,

 From time to time I have traveled I70 across Kansas and have noted over
several years a large number of these modern windmills as I have passed
Salina Kansas going West.  It is a really large number.  Several years
ago almost every one was turning and presumably generating electricity
to put on the grid.

This year it seemed many were idle, perhaps 50% in some groups and 100%
in one group.  Several months ago I heard T Boone Pickens comment he had
lost his ass on his windmill investments.  I did a search and found that
the great green source of energy many not be working out similar to the
experience of T. Boone Pickens.

These things are tall and not always easily accessible for the large
cranes needed for maintenance.  Owners/operators may be choosing not to
fix them due to the expense and frequency of problems.  See

http://www.naturalnews.com/034234_wind_turbines_abandoned.html

If you get a call to invest in this new technology you should hold onto
your wallet until you understand what this is all about.  Several years
ago T. Boone Pickens is not one to fall for a flim flam salesman so it
must have looked pretty good before he wrote them a check.  Now he is
having regrets.

Frank K0BRA