Sweetest Day?

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 19 14:28:46 CDT 2012

Greetings Fellow Sugar Lovers,

  I was consulting my calender today and noticed, in tiny print,
'/sweetest day/' listed for Oct. 20th this year. I'd never noticed that
holiday before but a quick search revealed more. Much more in fact than
I wanted to know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetest_Day

  After reading up on it - I thought, Great!, more stuff for kids to rot
their teeth with - and me along with them. We have so many holidays this
time of year that are replete with sugary stuff of every description. I
feel heavier just thinking about them all. Oh well, that's free market
capitalism for you. /They /(capitalists) know our weaknesses well and
exploit them to the fullest. The predatory nature of humans is very much
alive and well, thank you. O:-)
Our desire is theirs to fulfill.

  Since I'm quite adept at resisting anything (except temptation) I must
close now and immediately rush to the store to stock up before they run
out of my favorite Halloween candy. Not very likely you say? Trust me,
the good stuff always tends to sells out well before the witching hour.

Pray for Me,
Richard