Hackers and the US Power grid

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Wed Nov 7 21:09:09 CST 2012

The National Security Agency says computer hackers are ramping up
efforts to take down the U.S. power grid, with a 17-fold increase on
attacks to the nation's critical infrastructure in the last two years.

"They're growing from disruptive to destructive and our country has the
bulk of this network," Gen. Keith Alexander, the NSA chief, told the
Aspen Security Forum in August. "We're the most vulnerable and we need
to do something about it." [Read more: Meyer/WKYC
<http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/267320/45/Investigator-Cyber-attack-bigger-threat-than-Sandy>/31October2012]