Hackers and the US Power grid

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sat Nov 10 00:20:05 CST 2012

Well, you are never going to get me to think that government ownership
of power companies is a good idea.

Of course, the government could issue a regulation, or the legislators
(state or federal) could pass a law to fix this issue.

I believe we will be hacked, a huge power failure will result and one
of two things will result:

1:	These idiots will clean up their act.

or

2:	The government will step in and force them.

We are seeing both with PEPCO right now.  Mostly it is them cleaning
up their act.

As an aside; I believe PEPCO "engineered" their problems.  They got so
much flack about tree trimming they just stopped.  They waited until
the public was sick of power failures that resulted from falling limbs
and trees, and it made it easier for them to trim the trees.  The
problem is, there are still people who don't want their trees trimmed.

--chip