The makings of a very bad idea...

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 18:43:08 CST 2012

On 10 Nov 2012, at 23:52, Andre Kesteloot wrote:

> On 11/10/2012 18:45 PM, Phil wrote:
>> Remarkable. Tell me, do windmills fall 1500 ft dragging one-third-mile long cables with them when the wind stops? How much effort does it take to get them back up again?
>>
>> Phil M1GWZ
>>
> Phil,
> The only way to answer your question is to try it.
> I think we should immediately allocate a mere one-trillion-dollar budget to see how well the concept works.
> And advertise it on Facebook.
> 73
> André

André, I think you've got a good idea there - I believe your President DOES read Facebook!

But there is an easier way to generate electricity - I read it once in a book of genuine Edwardian British patents. Apparently, all that is necessary is to fire a 20-mile-long chain straight up into the air. Upon reaching the maximum height, the chain is pulled permanently vertically taut by the static electricity filling the upper atmosphere, and unlimited amounts of this electricity can then be drawn off the bottom of the chain to charge storage batteries. As I recall, the book also discussed the hollow butter knife that could be filled with boiling water to spread butter on cold days, the rollercoaster with the 30-foot gap in the track to increase the excitement of the ride, and various devices to bathe the body in coloured light and give it electric shocks, both internally as well as externally, to improve one's vigour and cure melancholy.

Phil M1GWZ