1296 EME attempt on 12 Dec '12

Glenn Baumgartner gbaumgartner2 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 15 19:43:12 CST 2012

Good Evening AMRAD.  After the semi-successful 2 meter EME effort two
years ago out at the Midland VA.  Airport that some of you heard about,
I have been accumulating materials for a bit more ambitious effort with
a 10 foot dish at 1296 MHz.  Predictions are that a 10 ft dish and 150
watts can JUST barely let you hear your own echos and direct human copy
CW is also possible for the larger distant end stations.  Most contacts
will be on WSJT,  JT-65B of course which some of you know sounds
somewhat like the movie Close Encounters Of the Third Kind.
     So here is my proposal. /With some help from AMRAD Tacoistas /the
kit of materials I have on hand can become an EME station in the next
two weeks. ( "some assembly required").  Anyone interested?  ALL skill
levels are more than welcome.  Computer guys, mechanical, wiring,
connector work, some grunt labor, there are LOTS of parts to a quick EME
effort.
     Presently I plan to start a work / planning day on Saturday at
09:00.  at my house, 8932 Victoria Rd.,  Springfield VA. 22151.  My
phone is 703-239-0125, cell  703-505-1872.  Even if you have only a few
hours please come.  Workers, learners, the curious, the CW capable,  all
are welcome.  Real knowledge of the low microwave bands is NOT
necessary.  1296 is really just triple 440 UHF work.
     Pizza drinks are on me.  Glenn Baumgartner.. AK4QJ   (formerly Ka0ESA)
     P.S.   Same drill for Sunday this week but 11:00 start time.