Follow ups and Many Thanks

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 11:37:00 CST 2012

 All,
I wanted to thank you for some of the parts that have come my way in the near past.

A while back I had asked for some e proms.
This is what I did with them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90108848@N00/8211802234/in/set-72157632078869417/
Seems e proms have a service life and after that start to drop bits.
Saw it happen in pinball and video games, now in two way radios.
The new proms worked well.
Used the boards with the sockets to see if they actually erased and took data.
Had about a 90% success rate using the custom programer for the specific radio brand.
The last one is a repaired board, with the new prom soldered into position. No smoke.

Since nobody makes these any more, this is the only way to go, rebuild.

I had also asked for a 5 pin din microphone plug for a clients packet radio project.
This is what I was able to do with the cable Frank gave me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90108848@N00/8210716281/in/set-72157632078899181
It was attached to an 'old style' video modulator. Remember when computers hooked up to TV sets?
Salvaged the cable and connector and turned it into a cable that runs between the modem and a slightly modified radio.
Not too shabby. Recycling is a good thing.
That one is going to a friend in Canada as part of a packet system there.

Again, many thanks.
Mike

Michael F. Chisena
KA2ZEV at Yahoo.com