Just say no to driverless cars ?

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Sat Dec 1 14:40:09 CST 2012

large aircraft can already do exactly that now.
Full "zero-zero" approaches can be flown right now
even if the FAA doesn't allow them to be used in the US.
they are regularly used elsewhere.

with the advent of ADS-B and the "NextGen ATC" system,
having transport aircraft autofly most of the time is not that far away
at all.

that's not the same as saying the cockpit crew can be removed, however.

     -mo