Flipping a coin ?

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 17:51:00 CST 2012

On 4 Dec 2012, at 20:50, Andre Kesteloot wrote:

> This article has shattered all the probability theories I had been fed in college.
> If tails is coming up 51% of the time, then what can we believe, and what is the World coming to ?
> André :-)

Relax, Andre´, the world hasn't changed, only the experiment has. This situation assumes that the coin is always tossed beginning heads-up, whereas the situation you and I were taught assumed complete randomness, including the initial configuration of the coin.

However, toast still always falls butter-side down, have no fear.

Phil M1GWZ