Flipping a coin ?

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Tue Dec 4 21:55:55 CST 2012

On 12/4/2012 21:01 PM, Mike O'Dell wrote:
> a perfect coin, perfectly random initial conditions,
> and an infinite number of trials if you are trying
> to verify it experimentally.  that's hard.
>
> besides, what with quantum fluctuations,

in a parallel universe,

> who knows what was actually acting upon that coin!
>
>      -mo

That' s right, and that is why, instead of a coin, I shall try with a

/toast still always falls butter-side down,

/as suggested by Phil M1GWZ.

Which indeed does make more sense than the coin, because, butter (and / or jam) will make that buttered side heavier

Still, if we can no longer trust the randomness of coin-flipping, how do we know that Integral calculus does work as described?
It all points to the fact that, in a few days,the world willend (per Mayan calendar).

André N4ICK