Thermoelectric Generators

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Tue Dec 11 04:04:47 CST 2012

Well, most people don't prepare at all.  Not at all.  I basically feel
they deserve to freeze or starve.

They don't even have a dozen AA cells in the freezer or 'fridge.

You have got to wonder.

I have only a 2 kVA Honda Inverter generator.  It runs mostly
everything I need except the HVAC.  Still, I have had neighbors come
buy to ask to plug in cell phone chargers.  I not only allow it but I
give them an outlet strip.  I allow as many to plug is as appear.  I
have dozens of outlet strips as a result of decommisioning a radio
network, so iI could likely accomidate a hundred chargers.  It would
be a real mess on the front porch.  I don't recall more than six
plugging into the generator.

I plan to get a 40 kVA generator for the entire house.  Of course, my
wife and I need to become employeed, a problem for both of us right
now.  However once we have jobs and don't have to worry about the
bills, I will install a 40 kVA generator and put two or three 10
Ampere outlets on it for those living closest to us.  Hey, they need
to live with the noise, even though I plan to buy a low noise gen-set.

They can plug in there 'fridge or some other low load.  If they want
to plug in something larger, the breaker will trip.

HEY, IT IS FEE.  Get over it.

--chip