LightSquared's plan to share spectrum with weather balloons draws cheers, jeers !

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Thu Dec 20 12:12:45 CST 2012

It's like they bought a used Prius.  They needed something like this, but that wasn't it, all all; but it was on sale and cheap.  Then move the license plates over to a bulldozer, and can't understand why we won't let them drive it on the highway.  Now they want to borrow our car, and weld a backhoe to the rear bumper.   No problem, right?

I know, why don't they go into the mobile satellite comms business?  I don't think anyone would have a problem with using the spectrum for what it was originally intended for.   Oh, doesn't fit with the business plan; too bad you bought the wrong spectrum assets.

louie