IRLP on Raspberry Pi

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Sat Dec 29 20:09:28 CST 2012

Dave Cameron, the main honcho of IRLP is working on an IRLP implementation
using the Raspberry Pi instead of a traditional PC box.  He has the IRLP
hardware board interfaced to the Pi GPIO connector, and is making great
progress.  Talk about a lower-cost, lower-powered IRLP node if he gets it
all working.  I'm still a little concerned about the Pi's power issues, but
that may be resolved with the newer Linux distros.  I'd be glad to see this,
as I have a spare Pi and would not mind replacing my wasteful IRLP computer
with the tiny Pi.

He is also working at moving regular IRLP nodes from Centos to Debian.
73,
Terry, WB4JFI