Exponential growth

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Tue Jan 8 10:16:59 CST 2013

On 1/8/2013 12:43 PM, Phil wrote:

> /This is my cue to pose "Miller Tate's Conundrum": what fraction of today's silicon and / or magnetic memory //
> //will NEVER see data before it is junked? How has this fraction varied since the 1970s?/

Probably that number is zero...  it is my understanding that both memory and disk space are used almost
randomly, so that even if the total space used e.g. on a disk is a low percentage of the total capacity,
that used space is scattered all over the entire disk, and each time an erase and rewrite is done, the zone
rewritten is not the same as before...

73  Alberto  I2PHD