Exponential growth

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 8 11:46:28 CST 2013

On 1/8/2013 11:09 AM, Andre Kesteloot wrote:
> Apparently, American (native) Indians, when they moved in group, would
> task one of theirs to look backwards from time to time, in order to
> memorize the view that they would to need to see to be able to return
> to their village.

  Yep, I've practice that technique when hiking in the wilds and when
hunting in unknown regions. It's helped me return to my camp/car more
than once. These days I still practice it but also carry a compass and
GPS, just in case. ;-)   BTW, the old trick of reading moss around the
base of trees to locate north on overcast days isn't all that reliable.
Moss grows everywhere! =-O