More info on the (nearly) free servers

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Tue Jan 8 21:28:29 CST 2013

On 1/8/2013 7:01 PM, John Teller wrote:

> I can guarantee that the server will work when you take it home and
> plug it in - if it doesn't we'll replace it as long as there are any
> servers left to replace it with!  If you decide you don't want it
> after all, I'll give you back your $15 - it's worth at least that much
> to a scrapper.

Too bad Virginia is such a long distance from Utah.  I wouldn't mind
having another one of these.   I configured one of these old Dell
servers removed from service at my work as a departmental web server.  I
removed some virus known as Windows 2000 that was previously installed
and installed a Debian Linux flavor.  Been running flawlessly for nearly
three years.

Joe, N6DGY