FCC derecho report

Mike ODELL mo at ccr.org
Fri Jan 11 21:33:43 CST 2013

I don't disagree with the "be prepared" but
if we have a Zombie Apocalypse, it will be because an undead
Theodore Vail leads legions of undead AT&T Plant Engineers
to come wreck vengeance on the pencil-necks who
betrayed and dishonored the standards and practices
that made "five nines" the hallmark of quality long before
the "six sigma" geebas showed up.

just today Verizon ran an ad on the radio bragging about the
reliability of their FIOS voice and Internet service bundle.
and what did the quote as evidence? They proudly proclaimed
THREE nines!

for years the standing joke is that cellular took quality from
"Five Nines" to "Nine Fives".

that has stopped being funny.

     -mo

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the jammy fingers.