Non Death-Ray is REAL

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Tue Jan 15 16:45:56 CST 2013

Mike, I think the white line across the center of the back monitors is a
reflection from lighting, probably a line of florescent lights on the
ceiling.  It's funny that all the computers used CRT monitors... how long
ago was this done??  Also, the monitor foreground-right did NOT go out
permanently.

But, you are correct, how come the (I assume) standard building lighting did
not go out, and how come the camera stayed running.  Even if the "device"
took out AC power and the camera was running on batteries, the overhead
lighting should have blinked out.  I wonder if most/all the CRTs were
plugged into a power strip, and someone unplugged that strip.

A careful monitoring of the critical few seconds of video shows that most of
the monitors seem to lose power, and the power light on one foreground
computer flashes briefly when the monitors die, but that computer power
light stays ON after the monitors die.  Also, watch the back-center-right
computer, it seems to eject a CD violently at the same time.  How can the
computer eject something if it's brain dead?  So, if this is an accurate
representation, your computer is safe, just your monitor is in danger...

Do NOT pay attention to the man behind the curtain (pulling the plug on the
power strip)...
Terry