bad day at work

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 21 08:32:54 CST 2013

The electronic maps has been a big deal with the Navy.  They can put all
the world's charts on a set of DVDs that can be carried on each ship
down to the smallest dingy.  With all the care of converting the world's
charts it is quite possible that errors creep in and most are found and
corrected.  It looks like this one did not.

In the end, the commander of the ship is responsible for keeping it from
grounding.  I am sure he will get a really serious check and will most
likely never get another promotion.  Perhaps a desk job at the National
Geospatial Agency is in his future.

Meantime, efforts will continue on getting the ship off of the reef,

Frank K0BRA