Help with first contact

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Mon Jan 28 14:18:11 CST 2013

Just curious, why wouldn't any repeater with PL tone required to open the receiver also just transmit the same PL tone?  It would presumably avoid this particular issue, as well as giving users the option of using a PL tone squelch while using the repeater?  Even if the receiver didn't pass it though, the transmitter could just always insert it into the transmitted audio.

louie
wa3ymh