Experts warn of cloud snooping

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Fri Feb 1 20:23:32 CST 2013

As Louie says, bits that leave our endpoint systems for external retention
*MUST* do so under strong encryption with keys that the repository service
has *NO* ability to access or recover.

     -mo

On 2/1/13 9:41 AM, Louis Mamakos wrote:

  For stuff for which I care about security and that I want to have
backed up and subsets synced between computers, I use SpiderOak. They
have a zero-knowlege security system where the files are encrypted (at
the your client computers) and they don't have access to the crypto
keys. This means if your computer dies and you loose your password,
you're SOL, they can't help you recover the cleartext. They've clients
for Mac OSX, iOS, Android and yeah, Windoze, but I don't use the latter.