regrets, and some ideas for discussion...

Maitland Bottoms aa4hs at amrad.org
Thu Feb 14 17:11:18 CST 2013

Hi,

Alas I will miss the AMRAD meeting tonight.

But I'm thinking that some experimentation is in order
with the simple receiver.... Maybe it's been done, maybe not...
Let me put my musings into the discussion...

- The wonderful quisk application comes to mind, as it can be
configured for soundcard input and does several kinds of
demodulation. It has the nice clickable waterfall display too.
Has quisk been used with the simple 40m downconverter?

- It's not too hard to use gnuradio-companion to generate
a soundcard radio application.
Has gnuradio been used with the simple 40m downconverter?

I will soon be trying these with my 817 in DIG mode, as it
seems to be a similar mapping of RF to audio as the simple
40m downconverter (except for the "Low Cost" part).

73 de aa4hs,
-Maitland