Storage

Dave Skolnick dskolnick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 08:32:41 CST 2013

I don't buy storage often so I'd appreciate some counsel.

Two things:

My external USB drive failed. It's a 2TB Samsung HD204UI in an
enclosure I use to backup my laptop AND for my iTunes library. Good
news: the drive is fine - it was the SATA to USB board in the
enclosure that failed. I need a new SATA to USB enclosure. Extra
credit if I can run it directly off 12VDC (11.5 - 14.6), otherwise
117VAC is fine.

Longer term I'd like to move those functions to a USB or Ethernet RAID
drive (probably RAID-5) somewhere between 2 and 5 TB. Again, 12VDC
operation is preferred but 117VAC is okay.

Advice and counsel greatly appreciated.

regards, dave