'RFduino' joins open-source RF movement

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Fri Mar 22 14:28:26 CDT 2013

This poor deluded fellow thinks you can actually do something with an
Arduino. He must not read the Tacos reflector.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1608192864/rfduino-iphone-bluetooth-40-a
rduino-compatible-boa?ref=discover_pop

http://www.eetimes.com/design/microwave-rf-design/4409923/RFduino-joins-open
-source-RF-movement

*	"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
*	"Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum
tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum
tubes and weigh only 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, 1949
*	"I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked
with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad
that won't last out the year." -- The editor in charge of business books for
Prentice Hall, 1957.
*	"But what...is it good for?" -- Engineer at the Advanced Computing
Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
*	"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." --
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.

*	"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Attributed to Bill Gates,
1981, but believed to be an urban legend.
*	"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously
considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value
to us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876.
*	"The Americans have need of the telephone, but we do not. We have
plenty of messenger boys." -- Sir William Preece, chief engineer of the
British Post Office, 1876.
*	"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who
would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" -- David Sarnoff's
associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the
1920s.
*	"While theoretically and technically television may be feasible,
commercially and financially it is an impossibility." -- Lee DeForest,
inventor.
*	"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn
better than a 'C', the idea must be feasible." -- A Yale University
management professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable
overnight delivery service. (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)
*	"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" -- H. M. Warner, Warner
Brothers, 1927.
*	"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and
not Gary Cooper." -- Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading
role in "Gone With the Wind."
*	"A cookie store is a bad idea. Besides, the market research reports
say America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy cookies like you make."
-- Response to Debbi Fields' idea of starting Mrs. Fields' Cookies.