arduino

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 24 08:54:46 CDT 2013

On 3/24/2013 7:06 AM, Chip Fetrow wrote:
> just buy a 240 to 120 Volt step down transformer and run it in reverse.
> One other thing; you might be able to rewire the motor to operate on
> 120 Volts.

  That's what I had in mind. My 3/4 HP variable speed furnace fan is
rated at 6.8 FLA so most transformers I've seen won't handle the
current. Rewiring the motor isn't an option. Also, there may be other
electronics involved that require 240 since the system produces a 20 Mhz
whine in my SW receiver whenever it's running. My little Honda EU2000i
generator only outputs 120 volts. I found a transformer on eBay that
should work but it's far larger than I need.

  An alternative I'm considering is a small diesel generator with
120/240 output. I already have a 280 gallon tank for my oil fired hot
water heater which also serves as the backup heat source for the heat
pump. The advantage is I don't have to stock gasoline.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-9T21B1004-G2-TRANSFORMER-5KVA-480V-TO-120V-240V-1-PHASE-R14152-/290845933401?pt=BI_Circuit_Breakers_Transformers&hash=item43b7c4bf59