capture a whole ham band

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 13 08:28:55 CDT 2013

On 4/13/2013 7:19 AM, Phil wrote:
> Gosh, what a lot of abbreviations and jargon.

  Yep, reminds me of NASA speak. Over the decades I've learned my way
around much of it but mostly it's just 'handles' on things I don't fully
understand. All things digital reminds me of Jimmy Buffet and Joe Walsh
songs, I'm just an analog man living in a digital (machine) world. The
robots are taking over. We are being assimilated.
Long live anachronisms.

# everything's digital I'm still analog
# when something goes wrong
# I don't have a clue
# some 10-year-old smart ass has to show me what to do
# Sign on with high speed you don't have to wait
# Sit there for days and vegetate
# I access my email, read all my spam, I'm an analog man.
#

# the whole world's living in a digital dream
# it's not really there
# it's all on the screen
# makes me forget who I am
# I'm an analog man
#

# Yeah I'm an analog man in a digital world
# I'm gonna get me an analog girl
# Who loves me for what I am.
# I'm an analog man
#

# What's wrong with vinyl, I think it sounds great
# LPs, 45s, 78s but that's just the way I am
# I'm an analog man
#

# Turn on the tube, watch until dawn
# one hundred channels, nothing is on
# endless commercials, endless commercials, endless commercials
#

# the whole world's glued to the cable TV
# It looks so real on the big LCD
# murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
# they are what they see
#