Rebuilding the NEXT PC on which the first Web page was published...

Howard Cunningham howardc at macrollc.com
Tue Apr 30 19:22:40 CDT 2013

Hi

The original NeXT cube used a 5 ¼”  magneto-optical drive manufactured by Canon.  It was a read/write drive and was the only mass storage device in the system.    A modification was to add a 40MB SCSI drive to be used as a paging file drive which dramatically improved the performance of the NeXT.

Howard Cunningham, MCP
howardc at macrollc.com<mailto:howardc at macrollc.com> - personal
For technical support, send an email to service at macrollc.com<mailto:service at macrollc.com> or call 703-359-9211 (24/7)