"Walkie-Lookie"

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Sun May 5 04:19:27 CDT 2013

Yes, my record player (actually inherited from my older sister when she left home) in the 1970s had four speeds too. The only 16 2/3 rpm discs I ever had were advertising 'flexidiscs' given away with grocery items  - very thin PVC 7-inch one-sided records. Since the backs were plain surfaces, I used some in my early experiments with turning my record player into a disc recorder (with very limited success).

I did have a 16 rpm disc of a droning male voice on flexidisc advertising Reader's Digest. This found extensive use in stage shows, played at higher speed to represent comedy voices e.g. on the other end of a telephone conversation. My, how we laughed!

Phil M1GWZ