More scary than the plastic gun

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Wed May 8 17:46:27 CDT 2013

On 5/8/2013 4:12 PM, William Fenn wrote:

> I think this is more dangerous than the plastic gun  -
>
> http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/fbi-may-be-reading-emails-without-warrant-1C9840875

You are probably aware of what they're building in my neck of the woods
in Utah:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/04/12/nsa-data-center-front-and-center-in-debate-over-liberty-security-and-privacy/

Though it's probably at least 15 miles away as the crow flies, this
facility is visible across Utah Lake from my front door.

No wonder some providers in the Salt Lake area can offer gigabit
internet access at such cheap prices.  (Not in my neighborhood,
unfortunately.)  There must be some mighty big 'pipes' to do that sort
of monitoring and storage mentioned in this article.

Joe, N6DGY