Ten Tec 506 and Arduino

Dan Romanchik KB6NU cwgeek at kb6nu.com
Sat May 18 18:54:36 CDT 2013

I was at the product announcement in Dayton Thursday night. To get this thing to decode PSK, you'd have to graft a processor capable of doing the DSP to decode PSK onto it somehow. They say that it's open-source and all, but it's not in any way, shape, or form a software-defined receiver.  All the Arduino is doing is reading some switches and knobs, setting the DDS, and other minor kinds of control things. For 200 bucks, you don't get any kind of display or even a keyer!

73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek, Ham Radio Instructor
Station Manager, WA2HOM at the Hands-On Museum (www.wa2hom.org)