Ten Tec 506 and Arduino

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Sat May 18 19:35:28 CDT 2013

Depending on the DDS involved, you COULD send PSK31.  The newer/better
Analog Devices have multiple frequency and phase registers that can be
switched to via software and possibly hardware control.  I believe some of
the AFD995x series have two frequency registers, allowing FSK.  They also
have four phase registers, allowing QPSK.  All under hardware/software
control, probably accessible to the Uno32.  If so, it would probably make a
LOT cleaner PSK signal as well.  IF it has a better DDS chip, that is.  If
it's using an old AD9850 or AD9851, well, that takes a little more work.

So, PSK31 transmit should be possible.  Receive may be a different matter.
But, with the maxKIT Uno32 having much better speed and other resources,
receive PSK31 may also be possible.  If no, ship the audio to an external
PSK31 decoder (dsPIC), or a, Nue-PSK.

I joined the Yahoo group for this rig.  Am very interested in more technical
data.
Terry, WB4JFI