FW: DVB-T Dongle

William Fenn bfenn at cox.net
Sun May 19 07:44:28 CDT 2013

Chip,

How well I remember that camera.  Do you remember the movie that aired
through the Comark TX over and over and over and over and over and over?  I
will give you a hint, it stared Omar Sharif and a whole lot of camels.  Boy
was I sick of that movie.

Do you remember the 9 X 16 ratio monitor that you viewed yourself on while
walking by the racks toward the camera.  It cost a fortune and contained a
vacuum tube for display (it was also pretty darned heavy).  If you were in
the station at the very early stages you would have walked by the three
racks that contained the Zenith Encoder.  These racks were later moved into
the area that MSTV occupied across from the bathrooms in the rear hallway.

The first real commercial program to air through the Comark TX was "Meet the
Press".  John Glen's spaceflight in the shuttle was also aired.  I don't
think there were too many folks who got to watch these programs because the
hardware (a.k.a. TV Sets) was super expensive and very few (I mean VERY FEW)
folks had an HDTV Set.  Yes, believe it or not, there were a couple of
viewers out there in those days.

Bill
N$TS