wish to source (used) TNC for amsat ops

Samudra Haque samudra.haque at gmail.com
Mon May 20 13:04:05 CDT 2013

I am seeking to buy TNC hardware for the new K3GWU station (Foggy Bottom
Campus - George Washington University).

I'm limited to a small budget at this moment, and do appreciate those kind
hams that have donated racks, radios, antennas, cables, and so forth. But
now, I need a packet radio modem/TNC for digital communication needs!

We have an Icom 706 (original) and a FT-857 (original) in working condition
now, and a few midland commercial radios reprogrammed for ham radio fixed
frequencies.

I've read about Signalink USB and also see the various Kamtronics and
Timewave products. Any tips for for AMSAT packet use? for ISS packet use?
TNC-X ?

//Samudra N3RDX