How to attract new hams (was Whitebox Handheld Software Radio Kit)

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Fri May 24 10:28:56 CDT 2013

Maitland,

Thanks for these interesting links. Aside from Chris Testa's impressive
technical accomplishment, his explanation of why he got interested in ham
radio is very instructive. He starts around minute 6 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrbmlP1M1AI

There are lessons to be learned here on how we can attract new hams. Kits
are important and so is Internet access.

73 Karl W4KRL