[PVRC] Opinion asked for Anti-Seize Lubricant for fastening stainless screws to aluminum

Mike ODELL mo at ccr.org
Sun Jun 23 21:13:37 CDT 2013

in the boating world, where stainless and aluminum routinely get together
in a salt water environment, TEFGEL is the gold standard. it's 40% PTFE
and is wonderful stuff. it doesn't glop, melt, or drip, and it prevents galvanic
corrosion - it's an insulator.

one other choice for some applications is NO-OX which is used to keep big
aluminum wire from getting wonky in crimp joints and connections. I dunno
whether it will help with stainless/Al interfaces, but nested Al tubing joints
could probably use NO-OX and use TEFGEL on the hardware and bi-metal
interfaces.

      -mo

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the jammy fingers.