Any AMRAD members at Fied Day?

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Sun Jun 23 21:52:49 CDT 2013

Well, Mel and I operated the Field Day CW station for a local ham club here
in Charleston (Trident ARC), the call was N4EE (not N4I).  I remember making
a few contacts with K4LRG on different bands.  Were any AMRAD members in the
DC area behind the key at K4LRG, or another club station, or is that a dumb
question?

Once again, I was the overnight CW operator, but this year I operated some
during the day as well.  I will have "CQ FD de..." in CW ringing in my head
for the next few days!

My Elecraft K3/P3 was a godsend!  WE were able to operate on any HF band
with just a push of the ATU tune button.  And we saw no interference from
the nearby SSB station, even when operating on the same band.  I got real
good at sending TU N4EE 2A SC BK....  Now if I can learn how to send the
rest of the alphabet.
73, Terry, WB4JFI