FW: EMERGENCY ??? AMATEUR RADIO NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW!

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 27 09:06:21 CDT 2013

On 6/27/2013 9:39 AM, William Fenn wrote:

  "There is currently no way to prevent anyone from using any Amateur
Radio Band without a license."

  Yep, when it comes to RF transmissions the spectrum is wide open,
sorta like the early days of the wild west when open range land for
hundreds of miles and no barbed wire was the order of the day. For a
small minority, today's game is catch me if you can, where only a tiny
fraction of the careless / stupid / unlucky get nabbed. Fortunately we
have an organized, self policed amateur service that works reasonably
well for the majority of users. The exception is mobile CB (Children's
Band), where it's still the wild west.

Richard